Sealants, Fluoride, Oral Hygiene instructions
Dental health can be maintained and enhanced through a variety of preventative care practices.
Good Oral Health Practices
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily. Brush gently, using a soft bristled brush and pay attention to your gum line.
- Replace your toothbrush when it is worn out, but never keep a toothbrush for more than four months.
- Use a good fluoride toothpaste
- You should floss at least once a day. Be gentle and don’t force the floss between your teeth.
- Visit Enamel Dental for regular cleaning and dental exams. If you have any mouth problems you find concerning, or are dealing with tender or sensitive gums and teeth, we would be glad to perform an exam to make sure you don’t have any serious oral issues.
- A healthy diet, fluoridated water, and restricting sugary or starchy foods is important for preventing tooth decay.
- Steer clear of smoking. Smoking puts you at an extreme risk for decaying teeth and gum disease.
- Sealants should be applied to the teeth of children and adolescents to help prevent cavities.
Save on Dental Costs
- If you are covered by insurance make sure you know what your plan covers before you move forward with any treatment plans. We are happy to provide a detailed outline of the treatment plan so that you can consult your insurance plan so you can understand your financial investment in your treatment.
- Take advantage of exams, X-rays, cleanings that might be covered through insurance.
Enamel Dental Studio is proud to serve the Chicago neighborhoods of West Loop, Little Italy, Pilsen and Fulton Market. We are your neighborhood dentist!
Teeth have many pits and grooves on the chewing surface, which attract a lot of food particles and bacteria. These pits and grooves act as reservoirs for bacteria to start decaying teeth. Sealants are placed in all the pits and grooves of freshly cleaned teeth to prevent the decay from ever starting. Placing the sealants are very easy and does not require any local anesthetic. We recommend this preventative treatment for children with bad oral hygiene habits, adults with a history of many cavities, or patients trying to take one further step in prevention.
The fluoride varnish helps strengthen your teeth, which will prevent cavities from easily forming. It is applied after a professional cleaning and it is recommended that patients refrain from eating, rinsing, or drinking for 30 minutes after the procedure. We recommend this preventative treatment for children with bad oral hygiene habits, adults with a history of many cavities, or patients trying to take one further step in prevention.